Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Monday, June 2, 2008

Fair and Square exchange received

Yippee! I can finally show a bit of stitching! I've had word my Fair and Square exchange has been received! My partner was Joan and I stitched Tin Pin USA by Twisted Threads, using Weeks Dye Works on 32 count tea-dyed Belfast. I had a major boo boo stitching this design...I didn't dye the fabric dark enough and the white parts blended right into the background! It really looked weird! So I improvised a background with DMC. I think it turned out OK.
Here is a snap of the goodies I sent with the squares.
Thank you for being my partner, Joan! I truly enjoyed stitching for you!

11 comments:

saras said...

Love your squares! I want you for my partner!

saras said...

I just noticed you linked to my blog on the side! That is very cool! Thanks! I need to figure out how to do that on my blog!

Lindsay said...

What a fab exchange, love the squares

Annie said...

What cool squares. Love the design and the creative way you did the back as well. Your partner is one lucky lady to get those squares plus all the extras!

staci said...

Wonderful squares and exchange!

Karen said...

great exchange, the squares are fab

Stitchabilities said...

What wonderful squares!
I bet Joan loved what you sent!!

mainely stitching said...

Oh my gosh, I love your squares!

j39jones said...

Love the squares! They are totally awesome. You can't tell where you "cheated" on the background!
Good job and congrats!

j39jones said...

How did you link my blog on the right side of your blog? I need to do that for you and a couple of other blogs I check on occasionally! Thanks for the link!

Julie said...

Super squares, perfect stithcing.