Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Garden party

A few photos of what I have been up to since I've been stitching the exchange project and can't show you that...
I've been gardening! Here is Sheba refusing to look at the camera. This is on the back patio where we have been spending a good deal of time; the weather has been lovely!

The view from the dining table on the back patio.

Last Saturday I spent all day in landscaping shops buying plants and flowers! On Sunday Rick and I had a MARATHON gardening session getting them planted. I was so sore afterward but the results are very nice. Above is one bed we completely redid with new shrubs and flowers. I wish I'd thought to take some "before" pictures.
I moved some hosta from another bed into the one along the front of the house and also planted caladium bulbs which are already beginning to sprout up. Rick swears you could go out and measure their growth every hour.

Every garden needs a good guard gnome!

5 comments:

BeckySC said...

Great pictures Sharon :) Everything looks wonderful :)

Stitchabilities said...

Oh wow ,next time you come to the UK you can come help with my Jungle!! lol Your garden looks lovely and so sunny!!

Carol R said...

You have a lovely home and garden - thanks for sharing the photos

Anonymous said...

I have been on your blog before, and read some interesting items.
I am barbarah in the ems board.

Sachiko said...

Oh!Your garden is very wide. The garden of Japan is envied because it is narrow.

from Japan